A Day in the Life of a Journal Publisher
Taylor & Francis, Abingdon
Wednesday 21st January 2004
This one-day event is being hosted in Abingdon by Taylor & Francis, one of the leading international academic publishers. The seminar will chart the progress of a journal from editorial board to library subscriber with the objective of improving understanding of the journal publishing process.
Each speaker will add the knowledge that their own individual experiences have provided, giving a comprehensive view of journal publishing in the electronic age. A subscription agent will complete the picture by describing the link between publisher and library, and there will be ample opportunity for discussion and questions.
Presentations from the seminar
- Publishing scholarly journals in an electronic age - Richard Steele
- Editorial strategies and developments - Richard Delahunty
- A new ERA for digital content - Ian White
- The production process - print versus electronic - Matt Howells
- Marketing Journals and Databases - Jonathan Roscoe
- An overview of Customer Services - supporting print and electronic environments - Ashleigh Thompson
- Supplying the hybrid library - the agent's role - Robert Bley
UKSG members £80.00 + £14.00 VAT (= £94.00)
Non-members £100.00 + £17.50 VAT (= £117.50)
The fee includes refreshments and lunch.
Taylor & Francis
4 Park Square
Tel.: 01235 828600
A location map will be sent with confirmation of booking. Visitor parking is available.
By 13 January 2004 - Full refund
From 14 to 16 January 2004 inclusive - 50% refund
From 17 January 2004 - No refund
*This event has now passed*
15a Stile Road
Tel: +44 (0)1865 744279
Fax: +44 (0)1865 742164