UKSG is proud to support the wider knowledge community beyond its membership.
In 2019, we introduced a number of innovation awards for community initiatives, and the details can be found here
The Coalition for Diversity and Inclusion in Scholarly Communications was founded by 10 trade and professional associations, including UKSG that represent organizations and individuals working in scholarly communications. The Coalition was formed to discuss and address issues of diversity and inclusion within our industry. Read more here
UKSG is proud to support Think.Check.Submit which is a campaign to help researchers identify trusted journals for their research.
UKSG is also proud to support COUNTER which provides the Code of Practice that enables the knowledge community to count the use of electronic resources. It ensures vendors and publishers can provide their library customers with consistent, credible and comparable usage data.
Other initiatives include:
- Further Education (FE) events
- awards and bursaries for the Annual Conference and UKSG Forum
- Insights: the UKSG journal - open access with all APCs (article processing charges) paid by UKSG
- student workshops and student memberships
- research projects for the benefit of the wider community (Usage Factors; Impact of Library Discovery Technologies; Transfer; KBART: Knowledge Bases And Related Tools)
Income received from membership fees and events is used by UKSG in its not-for-profit capacity for the benefit of the wider knowledge community and future generations of professionals working in scholarly communications.