The deadline has now passed for applications
Your opportunity to win a free place at the UKSG 2024 Annual Conference and Exhibition!
UKSG is offering ten free places to attend the UKSG Annual Conference and Exhibition in Glasgow, United Kingdom 8-10 April 2024. This year we are delighted to be able to increase the number of sponsored places and have chosen to broaden the criteria for applications; in addition to students and early career professionals, we would also like to hear from people who haven’t had an opportunity to attend the conference before and people who can bring a voice or perspective that is underrepresented within our sector.
UKSG Annual Conference is a key meeting, benefits of attending include:
- learning about the newest developments in scholarly communications from librarians, publishers and intermediaries.
- discovering some of the latest products and services available to information professionals
- networking and sharing experiences with colleagues from the global scholarly communications sector.
- participating in social events, from the “Newcomers Reception” to the Conference Dinner.
To explore the conference programme and other details of the event, please go to https://www.uksg.org/event/conference24
These awards cover the cost of attendance at the conference, including all meals, entertainment and accommodation, and are very generously sponsored by AIP Publishing, Frontiers and Wiley.
Who can apply
Those eligible to apply are:
- Students enrolled on Library & Information and Publishing degree courses, whether currently studying full time or part time as undergraduates or postgraduates (This includes those who are newly qualified but still seeking work in the scholarly information community.)
- Individuals who identify as having a voice or perspective that is underrepresented within the sector. This underrepresentation may be experienced within a local context (at your organisation) or be more pervasive within the scholarly information community.
- Early career practitioners with up to five years’ experience in any sector of the scholarly information community. (We will also consider applications where an applicant’s career has changed significantly.)
- Individuals from the scholarly information community who have not attended the UKSG conference before.
You can find terms and conditions as well as the marking criteria that will be used, here.
How to apply
All applicants must complete an online form. This form includes the following questions that will be considered by a panel of UKSG volunteers:
- What do you hope to learn or achieve by attending the conference? (max. 200 words)
- How will you be able to contribute and participate during the conference? (max. 200 words)
- Describe how you will share, use and/or apply what you have learnt at the conference (max. 200 words)
Applicants will also be asked to provide the contact details of a referee. Referees will only be contacted if your application is successful.
Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions of award to check eligibility and see how your application will be assessed.
Application form here https://www.uksg.org/awardsandbursaries/SP2024Form
Note that the closing date is the 11th February 2024.