UKSG Conference 2023: Four sponsored places for Students and Early Career Professionals Available, Apply Now.
Your opportunity to win a free place at the UKSG 2023 Annual Conference and Exhibition!
Are you at an early stage in your career as a librarian, publisher or intermediary? Or are you an information or publishing student?
UKSG is offering four free places to students and early career professionals to attend the 2023 Annual Conference and Exhibition in Glasgow on the 13th -15th April 2023.
UKSG Annual Conference is a key meeting, benefits of attending include:
- learning about the newest developments in scholarly communications from librarians, publishers and intermediaries.
- discovering some of the latest products and services available to information professionals
- networking and sharing experiences with colleagues from the global scholarly communications sector.
- participating in social events, from the “Newcomers Reception” to the Conference Dinner.
Check the conference programme and other details of the event please go to https://www.uksg.org/event/conference23
These awards cover the cost of attendance at the conference, including all meals, entertainment and accommodation, and are very generously sponsored by AIP Publishing, Royal Society of Chemistry, UKSG and Wiley.
Who can apply
Those eligible to apply are:
- Students enrolled on Library & Information and Publishing degree courses, whether currently studying full time or part time as undergraduates or postgraduates
- Early career practitioners with up to five years’ experience in any sector of the scholarly information community
- Those combining work and study and fulfilling the above criteria.
Additionally, UKSG welcomes applications from those who are newly qualified but still seeking work in the scholarly information community.
You can find terms and conditions as well as the marking criteria that will be used, here
How to apply
All applicants must complete an online form. This form includes the following questions that will be considered by a panel of UKSG volunteers:
- What do you hope to learn or achieve by attending the conference? (max. 200 words)
- How will you be able to contribute and participate during the conference? (max. 200 words)
- Describe how you will share, use and/or apply what you have learnt at the conference (max. 200 words)
Applicants will also be asked to provide the contact details of a referee. Referees will only be contacted if your application is successful.
Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions of award to check eligibility and see how your application will be assessed.
The application form is here
Note that the closing date is the 20th February 2023.