UKSG Conference 2022: Four sponsored Places for Students and Early Career Professionals Available, Apply Now.
Your opportunity to win a free place at the UKSG 2022 Annual Conference and Exhibition!
Are you at an early stage in your career as a librarian, publisher or intermediary? Or are you an information or publishing student?
UKSG is offering four free places to students and early career professionals to attend the 2022 Annual Conference and Exhibition at Telford International Centre on 30 May - 1 June 2022.
UKSG Annual Conference is a key meeting, benefits of attending include:
- learning about some of the newest developments in electronic publishing by attending the plenary and breakout sessions
- seeing at first hand some of the latest commercial products and services available to information professionals
- mixing with many of the leading publishers, librarians and intermediaries in the area of scholarly publishing
- participating in social events, from the “Newcomers Reception” to the Conference Dinner.
Check the conference programme and other details of the event please go to https://www.uksg.org/event/annualconference2022
These awards cover the cost of attendance at the conference, including all meals, entertainment and accommodation, and are very generously sponsored by Cambridge University Press, Gale, Royal Society of Chemistry and Wiley.
Who can apply
Those eligible to apply are:
- Students enrolled on Library & Information and Publishing degree courses, whether currently studying full time or part time as undergraduates or postgraduates
- Early career practitioners with up to five years’ experience in any sector of the scholarly information community
- Those combining work and study and fulfilling the above criteria.
Additionally, UKSG welcomes applications from those who are newly qualified but still seeking work in the scholarly information community.
How to apply
- A completed application form by e-mail as a Word document.
- A completed reference questionnaire by e-mail as a Word document.
NB: The reference should be submitted directly by the referee. (Unemployed candidates should ask a suitably qualified person, such as their academic tutor or a placement supervisor.)
The closing date for applications is Sunday 27th March 2022.
What happen next?
Applications will be judged on how the applicant intends to participate in the conference, network, improve their knowledge, and disseminate what they learn
In return for the sponsorship, winners are required to submit a report of their experiences at the conference, which will be considered for publication in either the UKSG online journal, Insights, or within UKSG eNews.
Please submit your application by e-mail to:
Chair of UKSG Outreach and Engagement Committee
UKSG exists to connect the information community and encourage the exchange of ideas on scholarly communication. It is the only organisation spanning the wide range of interests and activities across the scholarly information community of librarians, publishers, intermediaries and technology vendors. With over 450 institutional, corporate and government members from across the world, UKSG is well placed to offer a unique perspective on the process of scholarly communication.