Insights is the diamond open access journal from UKSG. Diamond means that all fees for publication are paid for by UKSG (thanks to support from its members).
In 2022, the Editors are interested in content including (but not limited to):
• the models that libraries and library consortia are developing to fund and advance open access
• the models that publishers are developing to advance open access and sustain their businesses
• how publishers and libraries are decolonizing the curriculum and fostering diversity and change
• how publishers are growing their open access journals and enabling submissions from around the world
• the workflows that publishers and libraries are developing to manage open access agreements. What is working and what are the pain points?
• research libraries as publishers
• what is the ‘new normal’ for librarians and publishers following the pandemic? Are new practices and business models emerging as a result and are they helping or hindering?
Insights aims to support UKSG's mission to connect the information community and encourage the exchange of ideas on scholarly communication. Our Co-Editors, Lorraine Estelle and Steve Sharp, can be contacted using firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles accepted for publication in Insights are published continuously throughout the year. This allows us to publish them in a much timelier manner. It will also enable us to promote the articles at an individual level, which we hope will raise their profile for our wide readership.
Open Access Policy
Insights provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Authors of articles published remain the copyright holders and grant third parties the right to use, reproduce and share the article according to the Creative Commons licence agreement.
Our authors do not pay APCs, these are supported by UKSG.
Why Publish in Insights?
Our editorial policy is to inform and stimulate debate about topical issues and provide a forum for debate.
Our articles are open access and have a wide and international readership across scholarly publishing and academic libraries.
We publish continuously and provide a timely and supportive service to our authors.
Interested in writing an article for Insights? Check out https://insights.uksg.org/