28 January 2021
SPARC Europe’s new strategy continues to the effort to make Open research and education the default for the higher education community, research, education, industry, and society as a whole.
Over the next four years SPARC Europe will focus on developing a more equitable, diverse, sustainable and open science and education ecosystem. We will expand our advocacy efforts for a more open Europe; we will continue necessary international and national policy development, and our research will inform the path ahead. We will also expand activities in the area of reimagining the way that Open research is rewarded and incentivised. Above all, we will showcase and stimulate diversity and inclusion in the dissemination of research and education to enable all those who wish to adhere to Open research and education to do so.
The latest strategy was developed by the SPARC Europe Board in consultation with key partners and SPARC Europe’s libraries.
The goals are to:
- Strengthen Open Access, Open Scholarship/Open Science, and Open Education policy in Europe, and align where possible
- Advocate for Open in research and education
- Strive to enable more equity in Open so that all those who wish to publish and share research and education resources openly are better enabled to do so
- Promote diversity in publishing Open research and education
- Raise the impact of publicly-funded research by reimagining the way that Open research is rewarded and incentivised
- Help sustain the Open infrastructure/service ecosystem