The UKSG maintains strong links with those Universities offering library and information studies courses and is always pleased to organise a Student Workshop for undergraduates and postgraduates, revolving around the various facets of the scholarly information industry, covering the publishing process, the range of services offered by the subscription agent and other intermediaries, and the librarian’s role in journals and e-resource management.
“ Good to hear from practitioners who are aware of issues from different perspectives – publishers, librarians and educators”
Workshops for this academic year have taken place at:
- University of Brighton
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- University of Sheffield
The UKSG is grateful to the following speakers who have participated in the past:
- Regina Ferguson, University of Salford
- Jane Harvell, University of Sussex
- Simon Neilson, BioMed Central
- Sarah Thompson, University of York
- Andrew Barker, University of Liverpool
- Sarah Lowe, University of Brighton
- Joanne Pearson, University of Sheffield
- Jane Dwyer, University of Sheffield
Please contact the Chair of the Education Committee for further information on setting up or participating in a UKSG Workshop.
Further information on the workshops can be found in this article from our journal, Insights.