Notice and Agenda of the AGM 2019
Company Number: 4145775
Charity Number: 1093946
NOTICE of ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the members of UKSG (“the Company”) will be held at 12.30pm on Tuesday 9 April 2019 in the Ludlow Suite, Telford International Centre, Telford, TF3 4JH for the following purposes:
- Chair’s introduction and confirmation of quorum
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of UKSG held on Tuesday 10 April 2018 at the Scottish Event Campus, Glasgow
- Chair’s report
- To receive the Annual Reports of the Officers and the Annual Accounts of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2018
- Highlights of UKSG activities in 2018
- To determine the membership subscriptions of the Company for 2020
- To reappoint the auditors and to authorise the directors to fix the auditors’ remuneration
- To announce the incoming Honorary Officers
- To announce the results of the elections of the Committee Members to fill vacancies arising
- To discuss such other items as the Committee Members and members of UKSG shall submit.
There will be the opportunity for questions after the formal business of the meeting has concluded. Questions must be submitted in writing to the Company Secretary [email@example.com] by Wednesday 3rd April 2019.
Notes (which form part of the Notice of Meeting)
1. There are three Committee positions to be filled, as well as the three Honorary Officer positions.
2. In accordance with the Articles of Association only one person per member is entitled to vote. The vote of a member organisation must be cast by the Authorised Representative of that organisation or by appointing a proxy. The name of the Authorised Representative must be notified in writing to the Company Secretary at the address below.
NB: The AGM details are sent to the e-mail address of the appropriate contact at each member organisation or of each individual member that is registered with UKSG.
3. Any individual member or any member organisation unable to attend the AGM is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her at this meeting. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. An appropriate instrument must be received by the Company Secretary by no later than 10.30am on Wednesday 5 April 2019.
Bev Acreman, Company Secretary, UKSG
UKSG, Witney Business & Innovation Centre, Windrush House,
Windrush Industrial Park, Burford Road, Witney OX29 7DX, UK
Tel.: +44 (0)1993 848235 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
22 March 2019