UKSG Visual Identity Competition: Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of a competition to provide photographs for UKSG Marketing collateral.
- The competition and prizes are being offered by UKSG, Bowman & Hillier Building, The Old Brewery, Priory Lane, Burford, Oxon OX18 4SG. The prize for the winning individual is a £40 PhotoBox Gift Voucher. There are two runner-up prizes of £15 PhotoBox Vouchers.
- Entries to the competition must be emailed to UKSG's Marketing Subcommittee, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 17:00 GMT on Friday 31 August 2012. The subject line should read "UKSG Photo Competition" and your entry should be attached as a JPG to your email, clearly identified as "<your name> UKSG photo entry <location name>" (i.e you must include your name and the location of the photograph in the name of the attachment, for example, "Tracy Gardner UKSG photo entry Blackpool illuminations.jpg") . You must include full name, institution name, postal address, email address and telephone number. Failure to enter in the manner and by the closing date specified will disqualify the entry.
- To qualify to enter the competition, you or your institution must be a current member of UKSG or a current subscriber to its journal (view a list of members). Multiple entries per person are allowed. You must enter the competition using your full name and the name of any institution for which you work or to which you are affiliated. By entering the competition, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- Upon entering the competition, you agree that your entry may be adapted by UKSG, and that derivations may be used for other UKSG products and services. You represent and warrant that you have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above, including that the information you submit will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting our rights under your warranty and indemnity above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- Late entries cannot be accepted. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be void (in UKSG's absolute discretion). Proof of sending cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, loss, delay, destruction or alteration of entries whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside our control. We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
- After the competition closes, the entries will be reviewed by a competition committee comprising members of the UKSG Marketing Subcommittee. Additional competition committee members may be selected at the discretion of the UKSG Board of Directors. The winning entry will be selected by the competition committee based on the nature of the location of the photograph and its photographic quality.
- Prize winners will be notified by email or telephone on or before Friday 5 October 2012. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to respond by Friday 19 October 2012 may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that the contact details and email address held by UKSG are valid and correct. The prize can only be despatched on confirmation of receipt of notification from the winner, who will be asked to confirm their postal address. We reserve the right to request a proof of identity and address in the form of a passport or driving licence and proof of your address in the form of a utility bill. UKSG does not accept any liability or claims for prizes that are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.
- The competition winner's name may be published on the UKSG website (www.uksg.org) or can be obtained by emailing Alison Whitehorn, UKSG Business Manager, email@example.com, with the subject line “UKSG Photograph Competition Winners”. The winning entrants agree that their names may be published and agree to engage in reasonable publicity detailing their entry and the fact that they won a prize (including post-competition publicity interviews, pictures, website publication and use in social media). UKSG reserves the right to retrospectively disqualify any entrant who fails to cooperate in the implementation of this clause.
- The prize is awarded at our discretion and may be withheld if in UKSG's reasonable opinion the prize has been won through illegitimate means or improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. If it is discovered after the prize has been released that the winning entry is in any way invalid or has been won through illegitimate means or improper action, you undertake if required to return the prize or provide compensation to UKSG forthwith.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition, the competition terms or notices about the competition without prior notice. Any changes will be posted to this website. In the event of any dispute regarding conduct, results and all other matters relating to the competition, the decision of the UKSG Board of Directors will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- UKSG is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or prizes other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the prize.
- In the event that any provision of these competition terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable it shall be severed from the remaining provisions of these competition terms which shall continue in full force and effect. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or part of a term or condition does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the competition terms.
- The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies.
- These competition terms are not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them.
- The competition and the competition terms will be governed by English law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- You can contact us in relation to the competition by writing to Photo Competition, UKSG, PO Box 5594, Newbury, RG20 0YD, UK. Tel: +44 (0)1635 254292. Fax: +44 (0)1635 253826.