Sponsored Places for Students and Early Career Professionals
Win a free place at the UKSG 2017 Annual Conference and Exhibition!
Are you working as a librarian, publisher or intermediary and at an early stage in your career? Are you an information or publishing student? Then read on!
UKSG is giving students and early career professionals the opportunity to attend their 2017 Annual Conference and Exhibition at the HIC, Harrogate, 10-12 April by offering six free places. Benefits of attending include:
- learning about some of the newest developments in electronic publishing by attending the plenary and breakout sessions
- seeing at first hand some of the latest commercial products and services available to information professionals
- mixing with many of the leading publishers, librarians and intermediaries in the area of scholarly publishing
- participating in social events, including the '70s Party Night and the Conference Dinner.
The successful applicants attending over the last few years have, without exception, found the experience both valuable and enjoyable. Given the challenges that all members of the information community currently face, and the continuing rapid pace of change, the 2017 conference programme is both exciting and highly relevant to those seeking employment or advancing their careers in the near future.
(A lovely pic of our 2016 winners with Jane Harvell, Chair of the Education Subcommittee!)
The awards cover the cost of attendance at the conference, including all meals, entertainment and accommodation, and is very kindly being sponsored by Jisc, LM Information Delivery and SAGE Publishing. Travel expenses up to £300 will also be refunded on presentation of a report – see below for further details.
Who can apply
Those eligible to apply are:
- Students enrolled on Library & Information and Publishing degree courses, whether currently studying full time or part time as undergraduates or postgraduates
- Early career practitioners with up to five years' experience in any sector of the scholarly information community
- Those combining work and study and fulfilling the above criteria.
Additionally, UKSG welcomes applications from those who are newly qualified but still seeking work in the scholarly information community.
How to apply
- A completed application form by e-mail as a Microsoft Word document.
- A completed reference questionnaire by e-mail as a Microsoft Word document. NB: The reference should be submitted directly by the referee. (Unemployed candidates should ask a suitably qualified person, such as their academic tutor or a placement supervisor.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24 February 2017.
In return for the sponsorship, winners are required to submit a report of their experiences at the conference, which will be considered for publication in the UKSG online journal, Insights. Travel expenses up to £300 will be refunded on presentation of the report.
Please submit your applications by e-mail to:
UKSG Business Manager
For any enquiries please contact Alison.